Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion
PeriscopeNGA.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
PeriscopeNGA.com
Home Crime

Kaduna bombing: Tudun Biri rejects N33b suit against FG

Adamu Dangombe by Adamu Dangombe
December 14, 2023
in Crime
0
List of 14 Special Advisers appointed by Kaduna Gov
1k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Related posts

Day-old baby found in GSU female hostel

Day-old baby found in GSU female hostel

May 16, 2026
1k
No roads to Avor Umueria: A call for attention to forgotten communities in Abia, by Ben Ngwakwe

No roads to Avor Umueria: A call for attention to forgotten communities in Abia, by Ben Ngwakwe

May 13, 2026
1k

The Tudun Biri community on Wednesday rejected a suit instituted at the Federal High Court Kaduna, seeking N33 billion compensation from the Federal Government over the accidental bomb which claimed no fewer than 100 lives.

Our correspondent reports that the Kaduna State Government said the Nigerian Army claimed responsibility for dropping bomb on Tudun Biri which left no fewer than 100 villagers dead penultimate Sunday.

President Bola Tinubu had ordered for investigation into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate incident and even vowed to punish whoever that was found found culpable in the error drone bombing of the village.

A supposed villager identified as Dalhatu Salihu claimed to have on behalf of the people of Tudun Biri, filed a suit through a lawyer, Mukhtar Usman, at the Federal High Court, Kaduna demanding the said sum as compensation.

However, the leaders of the community and people directly affected by the bomb misfires on Wednesday disclaimed the suit when they visited Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in the state capital.

According to the community leaders, they were not aware and did not mandate of anyone to file a suit on their behalf.

They said they don’t know anyone by that name, while adding that he is not from the community.

The Community leaders added they were so far satisfied with the action of the Federal Government and the support rendered so far by the Kaduna state government over the mishap.

They, however, appealed that in addition to the various promises, they had graduates that are jobless, who should be assisted with jobs.

Speaking during a thank you visit to Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna state, the Village Head of Tudun Biri, Malam Balarabe Garba said, “we learnt that some people went to court on our behalf, we are not part of this, we didn’t support this and we didn’t send anyone to go to court.

“We are peaceful people and we don’t support taking government to court. We are happy with the reaction of the Kaduna state and Federal Government following the bomb incident.

“The Federal Government and Kaduna state government took several measures and made promises, which we can only appreciate them for the supports.”

Also, speaking, the leader of the Christians in Tudun Biri, Rev. Musa Saidu thanked the Kaduna State government and the Federal Government for the steps taken to support the people of the community over the accident.

“We are united and we do things together. There is no way we are going to support anyone to take measures against government who came to our assistance and is doing everything possible to ensure the welfare of the people of the community. On behalf of Christians in Tudun Biri, we have not mandated anyone to take government to court,”

The Chief Imam of Tudun Biri, Malam Ashiru Ja’afaru, expressed delight over the attention to the community during the unfortunate incident, adding that the community would support government to fulfil it’s promises.

“We, the relatives of the people affected by the bomb incident, are here to meet with the governor of Kaduna state to express our appreciation to the Kaduna state government for it’s support.

“We didn’t mandate anybody to take government to court, whoever did that is not from us, we didn’t know him and he is doing it without our permission. We urge the Kaduna state government to find him and let the law take it’s course,” he said.

In his response, governor said several parties had made efforts to give the bomb incident religious colouration or politicize it, but that the community resisted the overtures.

“The gap between their church and mosque is less than 100 meters. The idea of anyone going to court on behalf of the family of the victims is not true. The community asked us to investigate the issue and anyone found wanting would face the the law.

“We assured them that Kaduna state government will continue to support them. We want to form a committee to decide how to share the money that have been donated to them by well meaning Nigerians, we want them to bring five people from their community as members of this committee.

“The donations would go directly to the family of those that lost their lives and those in the hospital.

“We appreciate the family of the affected people for their resilience to resist efforts by religious merchants who want to use this unfortunate incident to cause disharmony in our community.”

Tags: Kaduna bombingTudun Biri rejects N33bn
Previous Post

EU pledges to support Nasarawa govt on energy, digital economy

Next Post

Zulum inaugurates N10.9b roads in Maiduguri

Next Post
Zulum inaugurates N10.9b roads in Maiduguri

Zulum inaugurates N10.9b roads in Maiduguri

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Advertorial
  • Agriculture
  • Appointment
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Covid-19
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Development
  • Education
  • Family Planning
  • Features
  • Finding Purpose with Oluwatimileyin
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Investigation
  • Keeping It Real With Nneka
  • Lifestyle
  • Malnutrition
  • National
  • News
  • News
  • NYSC
  • Opinion
  • Opinion/Letter
  • Pillow Talks With Keziah
  • Politics
  • Responsible Parenting with Oluwatobi Akintola
  • Sport
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Water, Sanitation and Hygiene

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Gombe 000 2022 2023 2027 Abia Abuja Adamawa Again Apc Bauchi by Austen Akhagbeme by Ben Ngwakwe by Citizen Bolaji O. Akinyemi By Douglas Ogbankwa by Erasmus Ikhide by Hassan Gimba by Tony Erha Campaign CBN Commissioner Edo 2024 ekiti state FG Gombe Gombe Gov Gombe State Gov Yahaya Group Inec insecurity Kaltungo Mailantarki nigeria NNPP North-East NYSC others Pdp Police Qatar Taraba Tinubu USAID women
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

© 2023 PeriscopeNGA.com - Periscope Nigeria | Website by Sociopact.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion

© 2023 PeriscopeNGA.com - Periscope Nigeria | Website by Sociopact.

Jojobet GirişJojobet Girişpokerklas giriş