The Police Service Commission (PSC), in collaboration with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), has extended the deadline for the ongoing recruitment of 50,000 Police Constables by two weeks following an overwhelming response from applicants across the country.
The extension moves the application deadline from its earlier date to 8 February 2026, according to a statement issued on Monday by the Head of Protocol and Public Affairs of the Commission, Mr. Torty Njoku Kalu.
The recruitment portal, which opened on 15 December 2025, has so far received over 400,000 applications, prompting a review of state-by-state participation levels.
According to the PSC, the extension became necessary after the review revealed significant disparities in application numbers across states.
“While states such as Adamawa, Benue, and Kaduna recorded very high numbers of applicants, others including Lagos, Ogun, Bayelsa, Ebonyi, and Anambra recorded notably low submissions,” the Commission said.
The PSC explained that the decision to extend the application period was taken to promote fairness and ensure equitable representation of all states in the recruitment exercise.
“The extension is aimed at giving eligible Nigerians from states with low application figures adequate opportunity to participate in the process,” the statement added.
The Commission urged all qualified Nigerians, particularly those from states with fewer applications, to take advantage of the extension and apply through the official recruitment portal at www.npfapplication.psc.gov.ng.
It also called on state governments, local government councils, sociocultural organisations, religious bodies, community leaders, and other stakeholders to intensify sensitisation efforts within their jurisdictions.
“Stakeholders are strongly encouraged to mobilise and sensitise eligible citizens to apply before the new deadline,” the PSC said.
Reaffirming its stance on integrity, the Commission assured applicants that the recruitment process would remain transparent and merit-based.
“The Police Service Commission and the Nigeria Police Force remain fully committed to a fair and transparent recruitment process,” the statement said.



