Good day to you, as the curtain to this week’s Solution Diary opens on a note of thanks giving for a successful Region 17 Youth Convention which held in Bauchi state, Regional headquarter precisely Alpha and Omega! As it was a great opportunity to GO FORWARD!!! just like our daddy the Gombe Provincial pastor said to Us No Waiting! No Turning!! GO FORWARD!!!
As usual every last Sunday in Gombe is a remarkable time to celebrate Jesus and give chance to Youths. Today’s was no exception as it was power packed, with Drama, Dance and Special song ministration…. If you were not in church you missed a whole lot…
EFFECTIVE PRAYER (Part 1)
Memory verse: James 5:16b
Bible passage : Philippians 4: 4-7
Jesus prayed and His followers are expected to pray (Luke 6:12). Let us, therefore, act now and present all our petitions to God in the name of Jesus Christ. It is certain that He will answer according to his perfect will for us.
Testimony Time: A time for overcomers. A time when those who had triumphed get ample time to share
First: Our sister’s voice was miraculously healed, just because she kept on saying Amen. Today marks her Birthday and for safe trip back from Youth Convention which held in Bauchi state.
Second: Our brother testified to the glory of God. On how he has successfully completed service year. On how he has found peace in Gombe, as he feels settled in the state.
Dance , Drama, Music Ministrations:
Brethren were uniquely thrilled by electrifying but glorifying presentations to the praise of God. As our brothers displayed great dance steps.
Drama: Pastor Jerry, has been mandated to go to sambisa….in the first part of the drama. This afternoon at 4pm, let’s see if he was consumed by the Sambisa Transfer or he Consumed the darts of the wicked ones to the glory of God.
Music: Our brother from Bauchi, took the entire church through his track “Shine on Me”. To the admiration of all and worship of God.
As usual every youth Sunday is a great time to sing with the choir. The opportunity presented itself as all the youths in Solution said “Bye-Bye to Sin”.
The Word: BE URIAH ……2 Sam. 11: 6-15
The Minister: Deacon Sheye Ibrahim, Provincial Youth Pastor.
The personality of Uriah, goes beyond the story of been Bath-sheba’s husband. As he was a committed soldier. As young Adults and Youths there are values we can learn from the life and times of Uriah as a Commander.
To be a commander, it requires Experience and requires you to be Tactful…
Uriah was a Priest: from his name which means ” Jehovah my Light”
In life struggles, hard times exists, we are in a place where battle exists 2Tim. 2:3-4 but if you loose focus, you may find things difficult.
**If you don’t get involved you will be left behind **
ATTRIBUTES OF URIAH.
1. Loyalty (2 Sam.11:14). He was able to carry his death sentence to the person who will execute it. As a person how loyal are you. Uriah was loyal to the end.
2. He was committed to duty (2 Sam.11:11). Your personal life is a duty that you are committed. How committed are you to your duty both assigned and non assigned ones.
3. A man of Respect: Simple courtesy to elderly people goes a long way. You must forget the benefit, it is good to speak your mind but wisdom should be applied. How respectful are you to God and those that are placed over you.
4. Selfless Service (2 Sam11:9-11). To be selfless is not to care about yourself. When you don’t consider yourself above others. Some claim to be on a high class. So many people forget that the service of God lives on, while service at a place of concern (career) ends there.
5. Man of Integrity: He loved his wife. Bath-Sheba was said to be beautiful but he refused to allow pleasure conflict with his focus.
6. Personal Courage: he had the courage to remind the king about the war front and the need for him not to involve in unnecessary pleasure. It takes courage to go through life
7. A man of Honour: As youths how honourable are we before men and in handling kings business.
See you by 4pm today as The drama, Word and music continues…..Remain a Solution to the world…