Glory to Jesus for an awesome week, Dear Diary thanks for joining us this week. Happy tenth year Anniversary to Solution, Gombe Province.
Sunday school: Lesson 7….(Your Sunday service is incomplete without a Sunday school)
Topic: Dimensions of Sin
Memory Verse: “All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death”- 1John5:17
Bible Passage: 1John 1:7-9
Introduction : Sin connotes evil and lawlessness (1John3:4). It is derived from the Greek word ” Hamartia” which means to “miss the mark”. It can also refer to doing something against God and a person (Ex.10:16). It is doing the opposite of what is godly (Gal.5:17).it is also failing to do something you know is right.
1. Forms of Sin.
a. Trespass is a form of sin that occurs when we cross a line we ought not and do that which annoys or inconveniences another (Matt 6:15)
b. Transgression: refers to presumptuous sin (2Peter2:10). it means to intentionally choose to disobey.
c. Iniquity: is a sin that becomes so consuming that a person can be identified with the lifestyle (Psalm 51:2)
d. Reprobacy: when a man continues in his abominations until repentance becomes difficult, he is a reprobate (Titus 1:16)
e. Apostasy: derived from Greek word “apostasia” defiance of an established system or authority (1John2:19)
2. Consequences and remedy for sin.
a. The ultimate and severest consequence of sin is death (Rom. 6:23)
b. Sin leads to regression (Prov.14:34)
c. It can enslave a man (1Cor.2:14)
Note: God’s remedy for sin is the blood of Jesus (1John 1:7)
Conclusion: Sin in whatever dimension, is destructive. No matter how far you have gone down the lane of sin, when you genuinely repent (Acts 2:37-38), confess (1John1:19), the blood of Jesus is enough to cleanse you from all sins.
Testimony Time: Over comers time…….
Among the live testimonies, our brother thanked God for an encounter he had with the king of kings in the cause of the service, he was healed and puzzle in his life was solved.
Sister Eunice, thanked God for a successful completion of her service year. She thanked God for open doors and His goodness upon her family.
Among the testimonies that were read includes; Bro.& Sis Isiaka, they thanked God for a Jolly wedding anniversary and the goodness of Jesus upon their household.
Our mummy, thanked God that the accident she was involved in, was not fatal, she glorified the name of the lord for seeing her through. .. Amongst other Glorifying testimonies !
Topic: Glory Ahead
Text: Deuteronomy 1: 6-8.
Minister: Pst. Yakubu, Chairman 10th year Anniversary Committee.
By the word Glory Ahead, it simply means your best is yet to come. (1Cor. 2:9). It also means God is taking you beyond where you are. The glory of God will not just manifest, there are things you must do.
1. Vision : is the unfolding of divine plan and purpose. It defines your destination. To perish in this context is to lose Value. Vision defines your mission,provides you with targets.
Our vision for members is for their financial capacity to be enhanced. As a church: for our parishes to be presentable. And for the society to feel the impact of the church. (Romans 8:30) vision enhances our purpose. It equips us with energy.
2. Dedication is the pathway to Glory (Hab.2:2) . we must show enough interest to the things of the Lord.
3. Faith : (Heb.11:6) the next thing to do is to believe God and trust in Him. Faith is the only way to stop the devil from molesting your destiny (Eph. 6:16). We must enrich our faith with the word of God.
4. Thanksgiving and praise: (Psalms 100:4). To appreciate God your small beginning, to where you are now. When we thank Him every challenges around you is taken over by God.
Note: Christ is the Source and giver of Glory. If you haven’t accepted Him(Jesus) you can’t have Glory Ahead.
1. Move your church into your Glory in Jesus Name..Amen
2. Accelerate my progress in every aspect of my life in Jesus Name …Amen
The Grand finale of our 10th year anniversary kicks off at the Provincial headquarters today from 2pm…