Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion
PeriscopeNGA.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
PeriscopeNGA.com
Home Crime

Fake news alert: Gombe custodial officials didn’t block Take-It-Back Movement members from visiting remanded coordinator

Danladi Bako by Danladi Bako
April 13, 2025
in National, News, News, Politics
2
Fake news alert: Gombe custodial officials didn’t block Take-It-Back Movement members from visiting remanded coordinator

• Gombe Medium Security Custodial Centre

1.1k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

 

Related posts

Anxiety as Trump moves to designate drug cartels as foreign terrorist organisations

Shekau died many times because Nigeria has no identity memory, by Citizen Bolaji O. Akinyemi

May 19, 2026
1k
Goje absent, Bilyaminu Babadidi allegedly expelled as APC conducts senate primary poll

Goje absent, Bilyaminu Babadidi allegedly expelled as APC conducts senate primary poll

May 18, 2026
1k

The Nigerian Correctional Service, Gombe State Command, has denied allegations that it denied members of Take-It-Back Movement access to visiting remanded state coordinator, Thomas Umar.

This is contained in a press statement issued to journalists in Gombe on Sunday by DSC Abdullahi Hamma, the Command’s spokesperson in the state on behalf of Mr Salihu Abdullahi, the Controller of Corrections, Gombe State Command.

Hamma described the allegations being peddled by an online news outlet as false, unpatriotic and an attempt at denting the good image of the Service.
He said that NCoS remained committed to ensuring that the rights of every inmate was protected in line with the provisions of the law.
“The attention of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Gombe State Command has been drawn to a purported online report.
“The online report alleged that officials of the MSCC Gombe blocked members of the above mentioned group from visiting the said Thomas Umar.
“The Command wishes to inform the general public that this report is false, unpatriotic and also fabricated to paint the image of the Service in bad light,” he said.
Explaining further, Hamma said that the concerned inmate, Umar had earlier applied through the Welfare Office that only few authorised persons would visit him.
According to the application, the names of those persons he wishes to see were clearly listed in the content of his application.

• Gombe Medium Security Custodial Centre

He said that Umar, clearly in his application stated that any visitor whose names were not mentioned in his application should not be allowed unless with his “humble consent.”
Hamma, therefore, urged the media to painstakingly fact-check their stories to avoid circulating falsehoods, while urging members of the public to disregard the baseless report in its entirety.
“The NCoS is committed to upholding justice and fairness in ensuring that all inmates in custody are being properly reformed, rehabilitated and reintegrated at the expiration of their jail term.

Our Correspondent reports that Umar, 32 was remanded on April 10, 2025 at the Gombe Medium Security Custodial Centre on the order of Federal High Court, Gombe.

He is being held in custody for the offence of Insult, Enmity, Hatred and ill-will which is a Punishable offence under Cybercrime Act 2015 now Amended.

Tags: Fake news alertGombe custodial officials didn't block take-it-back movement membersvisiting remanded coordinator
Previous Post

Tinubu’s govt is dominated by ‘thieves’ — Senator Ali Ndume

Next Post

Pictorial: Gwandum community holds 9th Nakka Cultural Festival

Next Post
Pictorial: Gwandum community holds 9th Nakka Cultural Festival

Pictorial: Gwandum community holds 9th Nakka Cultural Festival

Comments 2

  1. Newton Marbus says:
    1 year ago

    I conceive this web site has some really great information for everyone :D. “The test of every religious, political, or educational system is the man that it forms.” by Henri Frdric Amiel.

  2. tlover tonet says:
    1 year ago

    Hi, just required you to know I he added your site to my Google bookmarks due to your layout. But seriously, I believe your internet site has 1 in the freshest theme I??ve came across. It extremely helps make reading your blog significantly easier.

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Advertorial
  • Agriculture
  • Appointment
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Covid-19
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Development
  • Education
  • Family Planning
  • Features
  • Finding Purpose with Oluwatimileyin
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Investigation
  • Keeping It Real With Nneka
  • Lifestyle
  • Malnutrition
  • National
  • News
  • News
  • NYSC
  • Opinion
  • Opinion/Letter
  • Pillow Talks With Keziah
  • Politics
  • Responsible Parenting with Oluwatobi Akintola
  • Sport
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Water, Sanitation and Hygiene

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Gombe 000 2022 2023 2027 Abia Abuja Adamawa Again Apc Bauchi by Austen Akhagbeme by Ben Ngwakwe by Citizen Bolaji O. Akinyemi By Douglas Ogbankwa by Erasmus Ikhide by Hassan Gimba by Tony Erha Campaign CBN Commissioner Edo 2024 ekiti state FG Gombe Gombe Gov Gombe State Gov Yahaya Group Inec insecurity Kaltungo Mailantarki nigeria NNPP North-East NYSC others Pdp Police Qatar Taraba Tinubu USAID women
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

© 2023 PeriscopeNGA.com - Periscope Nigeria | Website by Sociopact.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion

© 2023 PeriscopeNGA.com - Periscope Nigeria | Website by Sociopact.

Loading Comments...

    Jojobet GirişJojobet GirişmeritkingMadridbet girişJojobet GirişHoliganbet Giriş