The family of late Lieutenant Kamaludeen Abdullahi, a Nigerian Army officer killed in a Boko Haram ambush in Gwoza, Borno State, is mourning his untimely death and calling for decisive action against insurgency in the region.

Lt. Abdullahi, a 30-year-old indigene of Yalmatu-Deba Local Government Area of Gombe State, was among several soldiers reportedly killed in what family members have described as a “calculated attack” by insurgents on May 7, 2025.

Speaking with our correspondent, the late officer’s elder brother, Shamsudeen Abdullahi, said his death has left a painful void in the family, particularly as he had recently started a family of his own.
“Life has been tough without our brother,” Shamsudeen said. “He got married just last year and his wife is currently pregnant. He supported so many of us. Our mother received N20,000 monthly from his salary, while others got N10,000 or N5,000. His generosity touched many lives.”
He revealed that the late lieutenant had serious concerns about his deployment to Gwoza, a region notorious for Boko Haram attacks. According to him, Kamaludeen had requested a reposting about three months ago due to escalating insecurity, but his appeal was denied.
“He wasn’t comfortable with the posting. After a Captain was killed in Izage, my brother was asked to replace him just a week later. Now he too is gone,” Shamsudeen lamented.
He further called on the federal government and military authorities to end the insurgency decisively and stop treating it as a money-making venture.
“This should not be a business opportunity for anyone. The government must tackle insurgency head-on. Too many lives have been lost for nothing,” he said.
Lt. Abdullahi’s death is one of the latest in a string of military casualties in the North-East, as Nigeria continues its prolonged fight against Boko Haram insurgents.



