By Terna Chikpa, Jalingo
Residents of Taraba State have decried what they described as “infrastructural neglect” five months after Governor Agbu Kefas renewed promises to embark on massive infrastructure development.
PERISCOPE NIGERIA reports that Governor Kefas, on September 22, 2025, rekindled residents’ hopes by reaffirming his administration’s commitment to infrastructural development following widespread condemnation over the alleged neglect of infrastructure across the state. The governor had promised that massive infrastructure work would commence in October 2025.
However, checks by our correspondent reveal that the governor is yet to commence any of the promised projects.
Periscope Nigeria also reports that on January 12, 2026, the governor flagged off projects worth N134 billion. Since then, however, work has not commenced at any of the project sites.
The projects include the N11.7 billion 12-kilometre Takum–Lissam Road; the N37 billion Wukari–Chinkai Road; and the N85.9 billion Takum flyover bridge, dual carriageway, interchange, and internal roads in Wukari.
During the flag-off ceremony, Kefas explained that the projects would significantly transform transportation and commerce in the southern part of the state. He described the interventions as a bold step toward economic growth, unity, and improved security.
However, as of Saturday, February 21, 2026, when our correspondent visited the project locations, work had yet to commence.
Meanwhile, residents have expressed concern over the delay and called on the governor to fulfill his infrastructural promises.
The Catholic Bishop of Jalingo Diocese, Most Rev. Dr. Charles Hamawa, had in December 2025 decried infrastructural neglect by successive governments in Taraba State and called for urgent action.
In separate interviews, some residents expressed disappointment over the situation.
Mr. Hinku Daniel said, “You can see for yourself that nothing is going on here. This is where the flyover is to be constructed, but no equipment has been brought to the site.”
In Lissam, Isaac Yakubu and Hosea Remamtsiwe told our correspondent that they had not seen any equipment deployed for the road project.
“Even the grader that was brought here on the day of the flag-off has since been taken away.
“The governor and Senator David Jimkuta were here for the flag-off of this road project on January 12, 2026. We thought our dream had been answered, but since then, work has not commenced,” the residents said.
They called on Governor Kefas to mobilize contractors to the project sites and restore citizens’ hope in infrastructural development under his administration.



