Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion
PeriscopeNGA.com
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
PeriscopeNGA.com
Home News

Police debunk PDP’s alleged attack on the motorcade of Atiku Abubakar in Maiduguri

Samson Dairus by Samson Dairus
November 9, 2022
in News
0
Police debunk PDP’s alleged attack on the motorcade of Atiku Abubakar in Maiduguri
1k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Police debunk PDP’s alleged attack on the motorcade of Atiku Abubakar in Maiduguri

 

Related posts

Anxiety as Trump moves to designate drug cartels as foreign terrorist organisations

Shekau died many times because Nigeria has no identity memory, by Citizen Bolaji O. Akinyemi

May 19, 2026
1k
Goje absent, Bilyaminu Babadidi allegedly expelled as APC conducts senate primary poll

Goje absent, Bilyaminu Babadidi allegedly expelled as APC conducts senate primary poll

May 18, 2026
1k

By Hamza Suleiman

Police in Borno on Wednesday debunked rumoured attack on the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar at a rally in Maiduguri.

Spokesman of the Abubakar presidential campaign council, Mr Dino Melaye, had said earlier in the say that at least 74 persons were hospitalised while several vehicles were vandalised as hoodlums attacked Abubakar’s motorcade in Maiduguri.

Police spokesman, ASP Kamilu Shatambaya, told newsmen, however, that the allegation was baseless and had no truth in it.

Shatambaya described the report that Abubakar was attacked while addressing a rally in Maiduguri as mischievous.

He described the story as fake, a hoax and an attempt by some unguided people to incite disturbances and disrupt peaceful coexistence of people of the state.

He explained that the rally was conducted successfully under tight and adequate security coverage.

“The candidate was accompanied to the Shehu of Borno’s palace after which he was accompanied to the Ramat Square where he addressed his supporters.

“The Commissioner of Police, Mr Abdu Umar, was also at the venue to ensure that everything went on successfully.

“However, one Danladi Abbas (32) was arrested on Airport Road, Maiduguri, for throwing stones at the motorcade of the presidential candidate.

“Abbas and other hoodlums attempted to disrupt the motorcade, but they were chased and luckily one of them was arrested and taken away for questioning,’’ he said.

Shatambaya said nobody had reported any case of attack to any police station within Maiduguri and Jere.

“We also went round hospitals to ascertain the claim that more than 74 persons were hospitalised, but no such patient was found,’’ he added.

Dino also accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) of trying to stop PDP’s campaign in Borno by deploying thugs to attack its supporters.

He said, “they deployed their thugs to attack our motorcade with stones, sticks, machetes as we left the Shehu’s palace to come to Ramat Square, all in an attempt to stop our rally.’’

He lamented that the thugs were deployed in many strategic locations along the route of the motorcade.

“We want to assure them that nobody can stop us,’’ Dino said.
Reacting to Melaye’s allegation, Chairman of the APC in Borno, Mr Ali Bukar Dalori, said there was no attack by any APC member or supporter on any motorcade of any opposition party in the state.

Dalori stressed that Melaye was always economical with the truth.
“I am disappointed by the allegations made by Dino Melaye that some APC thugs attacked Abubakar’s motorcade while in Maiduguri for a rally.

“We all know that since Gov. Babagana Zulum took over the mantle of leadership, he banned all forms of thuggery in the state.

“Our ruling party is a law-abiding political party, and that is why we as government did not deny PDP a venue for its rally as experienced in some states.
“All I know is that there is no PDP in Borno, and if Melaye lacks what to tell the people of Borno to get their votes, he should desist from fabricating lies against our party,’’ Dalori said

Tags: Police debunk PDP’s alleged attack on the motorcade of Atiku Abubakar in Maiduguri
Previous Post

National honours: Why Gov Yahaya was not considered – NAN MD

Next Post

Police Command Arrest Car Hijackers, Fertiliser Fraudster, others in Gombe

Next Post
Police uncover fake fertiliser trader in Gombe

Police Command Arrest Car Hijackers, Fertiliser Fraudster, others in Gombe

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Advertorial
  • Agriculture
  • Appointment
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Covid-19
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Development
  • Education
  • Family Planning
  • Features
  • Finding Purpose with Oluwatimileyin
  • Health
  • Interview
  • Investigation
  • Keeping It Real With Nneka
  • Lifestyle
  • Malnutrition
  • National
  • News
  • News
  • NYSC
  • Opinion
  • Opinion/Letter
  • Pillow Talks With Keziah
  • Politics
  • Responsible Parenting with Oluwatobi Akintola
  • Sport
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Water, Sanitation and Hygiene

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Gombe 000 2022 2023 2027 Abia Abuja Adamawa Again Apc Bauchi by Austen Akhagbeme by Ben Ngwakwe by Citizen Bolaji O. Akinyemi By Douglas Ogbankwa by Erasmus Ikhide by Hassan Gimba by Tony Erha Campaign CBN Commissioner Edo 2024 ekiti state FG Gombe Gombe Gov Gombe State Gov Yahaya Group Inec insecurity Kaltungo Mailantarki nigeria NNPP North-East NYSC others Pdp Police Qatar Taraba Tinubu USAID women
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact

© 2023 PeriscopeNGA.com - Periscope Nigeria | Website by Sociopact.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion

© 2023 PeriscopeNGA.com - Periscope Nigeria | Website by Sociopact.

Jojobet GirişJojobet GirişmeritkingMadridbet girişJojobet GirişHoliganbet Giriş